FREELAND ALLOTMENT ASSOCIATION
- Limited to registered plot holders who have paid their annual rent.
2. ENTITLEMENT TO VOTE
- Each plot is entitled to one vote regardless of the number of joint tenants. Holders of more than one plot, or larger plots, will only have one vote.
- The committee shall consist of a maximum of 6 people including the offices of Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary.
- The committee members shall be elected bi-annually at the AGM
- The elected committee will vote for the FAA officers at the next meeting following the AGM. Existing officers will remain in post until this meeting.
- Casual vacancies occurring between AGMs can be filled by co-option if there are no nominations.
- A quorum will be four voting members
- In the event of a tied vote the Chairman will have a second casting vote.
- In the event of the Chairman being unable to attend the meeting a substitute will be elected at the start of the meeting.
- Committee meetings will be at least 6 times a year.
4. GENERAL MEETINGS
- A quorum will be one third of the eligible electorate.
- An AGM will be held annually in September.
- Audited accounts will be presented.
- A spring meeting will be held in March.
- Additional meetings can be held if required.
- An account in the name of Freeland Allotment Association should exist and cheques require two signatures from three so entitled.
6. OBJECTIVES ARE
- To manage Freeland Allotments for the benefits of plot holders.
- To continue to foster a working relationship with our landlords and neighbours.
- To help new gardeners on site with appropriate support and assistance
7. CONTACT WITH PLOT HOLDERS
- Official notices will be by hand to the registered address of the member.
- Administration notices will be sent by email and notices of general interest will be additionally displayed on the notice board.
- A copy of the rules will be provided to each new member and on request either electronically or on paper to all members. A copy of the rules of the Association can be found here.
9. GOVERNANCE & ROUTINE MANAGEMENT
- Governance is vested in the General meetings and day to day management with the committee.
A PDF copy of the Constitution can be found from the following link